It is amazing how well humans (or at least Kenneth and I) seem to adapt to new environments and cultures that are quite different from our own. Although I was somewhat scared to venture out without my number one navigator and sightseeing partner the first several days we were in Hong Kong, I have grown quite accustomed to getting about town on the MTR and am starting to figure out my way around town. Unfortunately, I still continue to get myself turned around and a bit lost!
Kenneth discovered an article in the Continental Airlines magazine on the flight over about the Hong Kong Tourism Board, a great resource for everything that is going on in Hong Kong. While perusing the HKTB website, I came upon a group of culturally related classes offered every day of the week. Today, I attended the Jewelry Appreciation Class. After Mr. Alex Chan gave a PowerPoint presentation on pearls and diamonds, we looked at several examples of different qualities and varieties of each.
I was having a hankering for something not Asian or Indian for lunch, so I checked out the highly recommended Pizza Express. The restaurant sits on a street corner in Central, and has a very upscale café feel to it. I ordered the pumpkin soup and Torino pizza with fontina and grana padano cheeses, mushrooms, béchamel sauce, chili, and garlic. The pizza was very good and satisfied my appetite for cheese, which is something people do not eat a lot of here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe that's how they stay so skinny.
ReplyDelete